Monday, February 4, 2013

Product Review: Za Total Hydration BB Cream UV

Za Total Hydration BB Cream UV
BB cream might be the latest fad now when it comes to beauty products. In fact, as soon as I've learned about BB cream, I was immediately amazed by the concept behind this product. Who wouldn't love a product that offers coverage for skin flaws, and at the same time, moisturizes and protects the skin - a makeup but with the added benefits? 

I've already heard and seen a lot of brands of BB cream - from Maybelline to Neutrogena, from BodyShop to Ponds, and from Skin79 to Missha. Yet, I ended up buying my first ever tube of BB cream from Za. I got the Za Total Hydration BB cream UV (natural color) during my shopping spree in a Hong Kong beauty store (Sasa).
Because BB creams are a bit pricey compared to my other beauty products in my regimen, I had to be extra careful in choosing the right product. I took Za Total Hydration BB cream UV (Price: HKD 78 for 20g) because it had a tester available and when I tried it on my backhand, it blended perfectly.

Product Name: Za Total Hydration BB cream UV 
Price and Availability:  Amazon
Ingredients: Water, dimethicone, titanium dioxide, ethyhexyl methoxycinnamate, glycerin, butylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, PEG-9 polydemethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, alcohol, polymethyl methacrylate, disteardimonium hectorite, hydrogenated polydecene, aluminium hydroxide, sorbitol, silica, phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid, PEG-6, PEG-32, trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG/PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, hydroxypropyl cyclodextrin, sodium glutamate, betaine, panthenyl ethyl ether, magnesium chloride, calcium chloride, glycine, stearic acid, isostearic acid, aminomethyl propanol, disodium EDTA, aluminium distearate, alumina, PEG-150, triethoxycaprylylsilane, polysilicone-2, BHT, limonene, linalool, citronellol, hydrogen dimethicone, tocopherol, tin oxide, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, iron oxides, mica
Remarks: According to cosdna.com database, none of the ingredients above went above a score of 2 out of 5 scale in terms of comedogenicity and irritancy.


Review:

za bb cream

za bb cream

za bb cream


Here's what the tube looks like without the cap:




Though the tube looks very simple, I didn't have any complaints about it. The cream inside came out easily. And a few squirts of the product can cover up a large portion of the skin.

I could say Za was able to prove the wonders of a BB cream. It has an SPF 43 PA+++ which is a plus as I wanted to have protection for UVA and UVB. Though the coverage it offers wasn't that thorough, but it did made the skin flaws less visible and hideous. I didn't have any severe acne scars nor breakouts, so this product is just what I needed. 

What I really loved about Za BB cream is it lessens my skin's oiliness. It wasn't a real heavy-duty oil control BB cream so in the midday, I still had to blot oil from my skin. I did notice though that my acne dries out quickly whenever I use the product. With the impressive oil control function of Za, I got less breakouts and my acne became more controllable.

Here's a swatch of Za Total Hydration BB Cream UV:



Here how it looks like after spreading out the cream. It looks matte doesn't it?


Now with a camera flash:


Although it appeared to match my hand's skin tone the first time I tried it, I later noticed that the BB cream actually was a bit darker than my face's natural color. Despite that, I did received some comments that my skin appeared smoother and healthier, with these nice people having no idea I was in fact wearing makeup. 

Here's how the BB cream looks like on my face (Notice how the BB cream gave my skin a softer, smoother, and mattified appearance).



One minor gripe I have about the product is that it dries too quickly on the skin, thereby making it difficult to spread across the skin. So before I apply the BB cream, I apply a moisturizer first underneath to make the product spread more easily. If you have dry skin, this product might even appear powdery or cakey on your face.


Verdict:

Overall, the product is great. I recommend it to people with oily and acne-prone skin, as the product can effectively dry out the pimples and give off a matte finish. It makes the blemishes less visible while allowing the skin to heal. If you want a product with only light coverage and sun protection while giving your face a natural look, then Za Total Hydration BB Cream UV is definitely for you.


Rating:  4.5/5


If you're interested in more Za's cosmetics products, here's Za's Official Website.

So what's your favorite BB cream? Share your thoughts in the comment box below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...