Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Product Review: Jason Natural Soothing 98% Aloe Vera Moisturizing Gel

I had been using Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream for several months already, but decided to buy a different moisturizer before setting out for a December trip to Hong Kong. The reason was Kiehl's product is lightweight and moisturizing enough only during high humidity days. I was afraid that it wouldn't be enough to protect my skin from the harsh cold wind of Hong Kong.


So I ended up buying Jason Natural Soothing 98% Aloe Vera Moisturizing Gel. I made a quick research on the Internet and saw that it fared well on ratings from different sites such as TotalBeauty, Amazon, and MakeupAlley.

The product caught my interest because of the high concentration of Aloe Vera and it's affordable price tag.

Product Name: Jason Natural Soothing 98% Aloe Vera Moisturizing Gel

Price and Availability: Php 225.00 (Healthy Options) / 113g (4oz), Amazon

Ingredients:
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Aqua (Water), Carbomer, Gluconolactone, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Arginine, Allantoin, Panthenol, Menthol, Sodium Phytate, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, AMyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum)
*Certified Organic Ingredient

Remarks:
Possible irritants include potassium hydroxide, menthol, and fragrances. All ingredients are noncomedogenic according to cosdna.com database.

Description


"This concentrated, non-oily daily moisturizing gel naturally delivers instant dry skin relief. Aloe Vera soothes dry, irritated, sun damaged or newly shaven skin while a boost of nourishing Allantoin and Vitamin B5 replenish and recondition. With use, skin is calmed, balanced and nurtured back to its healthy-looking best." --- Jason Natural

Review:

I mentioned in my previous post that I use a sunscreen during daytime and a moisturizer during the night. Which means I only use this moisturizer gel from Jason Natural once a day. 

A glob of Jason Natural moisturizer.
The first thing I noticed from the product is it's super sticky texture. The consistency is very thick and the color clear. Applying a thick glob of this product over my face isn't exactly a pleasant sensation to me. I can still feel the tackiness after allowing the gel to be absorbed onto my skin.

Applying a bit more leaves my skin feeling cool, a result of the menthol ingredient found in the formulation. I like that sensation, but I had read that some users find the product stinging their skin. So, I don't think this is something that the sensitive skin will like.

Though I don't like the sticky feel, I like how it moisturizes my face. I used this in Hong Kong, where the temperature had plummeted to as low as nine degrees Celsius. The moisturizer prevented my skin from peeling (an incidence I had experienced during my earlier visits to Hong Kong).

However, when I started to use this product twice a day, I started noticing my acne to be flaring up. I assume that this is due to the irritating ingredients found within the tube. Irritation is one factor for acne to develop.

Pros:
-no parabens, sls, and pthalates
-contains high concentration of aloe vera
-affordable
-noncomedogenic
-moisturizes without the greasy appearance

Cons:
-contains irritants that may not be suitable for sensitive skin
-sticky

Verdict:
I love the soothing effect of aloe vera, but the irritating ingredients seem to cancel out the good effects. I will still keep using it though until I find a more suitable moisturizer. If you decided to purchase this product, use it only once a day.

Rating: 3.5/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...